In the event you personal a Fitbit smartwatch or health tracker however desire utilizing Garmin Join as a platform, are you able to sync information between the 2? The reply is much from easy, however t. are methods you’ll be able to ship your Fitbit information to Garmin Join and vice versa. Learn on for extra particulars.
Learn extra: Fitbit vs Garmin
T.’s no official or dependable method to sync Fitbit with Garmin Join, however you’ll be able to import information from the Fitbit to Garmin, or use a third-party app.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
Easy methods to sync Fitbit with Garmin Join
Andy Walker / Android Authority
Import Fitbit information to Garmin Join
T.’s no method to sync Fitbit information with Garmin Join constantly, however the latter permits the importation of Fitbit information. That is nice for these leaving Fitbit for Garmin, however utilizing the 2 providers side-by-side is extra troublesome than helpful.
To import Fitbit information to Garmin Join:
- Log in to your Fitbit account in a browser, and go to the export information web page. You’ll want to export your Fitbit information in .csv format and particular person GPS workout routines as .tcx format.
- Save these recordsdata to your desktop for simple entry.
- Subsequent, log in to Garmin Join in your browser, then choose the add icon (cloud with upward arrow) on the high proper of the web page.
- Provoke the import by clicking Import Knowledge > Browse > [select your files] > Import Knowledge.
- Choose the models of measure utilized by Fitbit, then faucet Proceed.
Wait just a few moments, and the add ought to provoke and full. Now you can view all of your earlier stats within the Garmin Join app, together with workout routines.
See additionally: One of the best health apps for Android
Sync Garmin Join information to Fitbit
You may frequently sync Garmin Join information to Fitbit’s platform utilizing a third-party service known as Well being Sync. That is helpful for individuals who use the Fitbit app and who’ve simply purchased a Garmin gadget.
Notably, the Well being Sync app isn’t free however does present a trial interval throughout which you’ll check the syncing system. We propose you give it a go earlier than investing in it.
To sync Garmin Join information to Fitbit:
- Obtain the Well being Sync app in your telephone and open it.
- Learn the First Utilization Actions dialog and hit OK as soon as full.
- Subsequent, select the Sync Course. You’ll wish to choose Garmin Join as the bottom app and Fitbit because the recipient app on the next display. Faucet OK as soon as full.
- The subsequent display will verify the 2 apps you’ve chosen and the sync route of the info. Learn the Declaration of Consent by tapping on the field. Faucet Settle for when you’ve perused the doc.
- Subsequent, you’ll must authenticate each platforms. Faucet Initialize Fitbit Connection, and comply with the steps. Then faucet Initialize Garmin Connection, and comply with the steps.
- As soon as full, an Initialization Completed dialog will seem. Faucet OK to proceed.
- Subsequent, enable Well being Sync entry to Fitbit and Garmin’s information.
- Lastly, the primary Well being Sync web page will seem in case you’ve accomplished all of the steps accurately. Now you can choose which information classes you wish to sync from Garmin Hook up with Fitbit, together with Steps, Weight, and Diet.
Notably, you should utilize Well being Sync to sync Garmin information to Fitbit, however you’ll be able to’t sync Fitbit information to Garmin Join. Moreover, a number of Garmin Join information classes can’t be synced to Fitbit attributable to restrictions, together with actions and coronary heart fee information.